Houston Naturalization & Citizenship Attorney
Helping Clients Obtain U.S. Citizenship in Texas
The path to citizenship, or naturalization, is difficult even in the most straightforward of cases. Security threats, both foreign and domestic, have tightened restrictions and forced the U.S. government to put many more challenges in place for anyone seeking U.S. citizenship. However, becoming a citizen protects you in so many ways.
Retaining an experienced Houston citizenship attorney provides you with countless valuable benefits and protections through the process. Ms. Yegani has helped many of her clients become naturalized citizens, even those with criminal records. She will be present with you in the citizenship interview.
If you are a lawful permanent resident (LPR), do not delay. Call our Houston naturalization & citizenship lawyer at (832) 981-2170 or reach out online to see if you qualify for naturalization. ¡Hablamos Español!
Who is Eligible For United States Citizenship?
Immigration is serious business, and the U.S. government is very strict. Ms. Yegani respects the Texas immigration process and helps her clients progress in their desire to attain citizenship as efficiently and effectively as possible.
You may be eligible to obtain United States citizenship if:
- You were born in a territory or outlying possession of the U.S.
- One parent or both parents were U.S. citizens at the time of your birth
- You are a member of the U.S. armed forces or a veteran who was honorably discharged (some restrictions and further exceptions apply)
- Your spouse or parent is a member of the U.S. armed forces
- You have been a lawful permanent resident (held a green card) for at least five years (three years if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Other exceptions may apply
What is the Naturalization Process?
There are several steps in the naturalization process before reaching citizenship. The consequences of an error on your application (N-400) or a misstep during the interview with a Homeland Security officer could be worse than the denial of your application. You could be placed in removal proceedings if you do not have a lawyer to guide and represent you in the process.
Steps to the naturalization process:
- Become a permanent resident via green card and live as a permanent resident for 5 years. If you are married to a U.S. citizen, you may apply for citizenship after 3 years.
- Submit Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, to the Department of Homeland Security.
After your application is approved, complete the following:
- Pass the background check.
- Pass a language test (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Pass a civics test.
- Take the Oath of Allegiance.
What is the Importance of Citizenship?
There are many reasons why lawful permanent residents decide to naturalize. Below are some of the top benefits of becoming a citizen in the U.S.
- Protection from removal for you and your children.
- Citizenship for children who are under 18 with lawful permanent resident status.
- Ability to petition family members outside the U.S.
- Travel anywhere without restrictions.
- Eligibility to work for the U.S. government.
- Get the right to vote.
What are the Benefits Of Hiring a Naturalization & Citizenship Lawyer?
The benefits of working with a citizenship & naturalization attorney include the following:
- Advice and counsel for submitting your application
- Advice and counsel in preparation for the naturalization test (a test of your knowledge of the English language, the U.S. government and U.S. history)
- Representation during the naturalization interview
- Protecting you from denial when you have a criminal record/history
- Ensuring that your rights and freedoms are protected
- Dedicated and responsive legal guidance
Contact Our Houston Naturalization & Citizenship Lawyer Today
Do not fill out an N400 citizenship application without consulting with a citizenship attorney in Houston if you have a criminal record or prior deportation. Each adjustment of status case is unique, but Ms. Yegani's dedication to your success is unwavering, even if you have had your naturalization application denied in the past. She can help you apply for citizenship again. Call today if you would like to understand the application process and how to prepare for the best chances of success.
Contact The Law Office of Mana Yegani today to get started with our Houston naturalization & citizenship attorney.