Houston Naturalization Lawyer
Helping Clients Obtain U.S. Citizenship
The path to citizenship, or naturalization, is difficult even in the most straightforward of cases. Security threats, both foreign and domestic, have tightened restrictions and forced the U.S. government to put many more challenges in place for anyone seeking U.S. citizenship. However, becoming a citizen protects you in so many ways.
Retaining an experienced Houston citizenship attorney provides you with countless valuable benefits and protections through the process. Ms. Yegani has helped many of her clients become naturalized citizens, even those with criminal records. She will be present with you in the citizenship interview.
What is the Importance of Citizenship?
There are many reasons why lawful permanent residents decide to naturalize. Below are some top benefits of becoming a citizen in the U.S.
- Protection from removal for you and your children.
- Citizenship for children who are under 18 with lawful permanent resident status.
- Ability to petition family members outside the U.S.
- Travel anywhere without restrictions.
- Eligibility to work for the U.S. government.
- Get the right to vote.
Eligibility for Citizenship
Immigration is serious business, and the U.S. government is very strict. Ms. Yegani respects the Texas immigration process and helps her clients progress in their desire to attain citizenship as efficiently and effectively as possible.
You may be eligible to obtain United States citizenship if:
- You were born in a territory or outlying possession of the U.S.
- One parent or both parents were U.S. citizens at the time of your birth
- You are a member of the U.S. armed forces or a veteran who was honorably discharged (some restrictions and further exceptions apply)
- Your spouse or parent is a member of the U.S. armed forces
- You have been a lawful permanent resident (held a green card) for at least five years (three years if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Other exceptions may apply
Call (832) 981-2170 for a consultation with a Houston naturalization attorney at The Law Office of Mana Yegani.
The Naturalization Process in Texas
Your U.S. naturalization/citizenship application (N-400) will go through the Department of Homeland Security. There are still risks involved in this process. You will not be granted full constitutional rights unless you are a naturalized citizen.
The consequences of a misstep during the interview with a Homeland Security officer or an error on your N-400 application could be worse than denial of your application. You could be placed in removal proceedings if you do not have a lawyer to guide and represent you in the process. Falsely filling out an N-400 application is a federal crime. Get help from an experienced Houston naturalization lawyer.
- Related Reading: The Basics of Obtaining American Citizenship.
Why Get Help From a Citizenship Attorney in Houston?
The benefits of working with an citizenship & naturalization lawyer include:
- Advice and counsel for submitting your application
- Advice and counsel in preparation for the naturalization test (a test of your knowledge of the English language, the U.S. government and U.S. history)
- Representation during the naturalization interview
- Protecting you from denial when you have a criminal record/history
- Ensuring that your rights and freedoms are protected
- Dedicated and responsive legal guidance
Call The Law Office of Mana Yegani to See if You Qualify
Do not fill out an N400 citizenship application without consulting with a citizenship attorney in Houston if you have a criminal record or prior deportation.
Each adjustment of status case is unique, but Ms. Yegani's dedication to your success is unwavering, even if you have had your naturalization application denied in the past. She can help you apply for citizenship again. Call today if you would like to understand the application process and how to prepare for the best chances of success.