Green Card / Lawful Permanent Residency (LPR)

Houston Green Card Lawyer

Our Firm Represents People Seeking Lawful Permanent Residency

The Law Office of Mana Yegani helps people throughout Houston and the surrounding areas apply for personal green card renewal or replacement, as well as for family members, spouses, employees, investors, refugees and immigrants with extraordinary abilities.

Attorney Mana Yegani dedicates her legal practice exclusively to immigration law. She can go to work aiding you in proper green card application and in fast-tracking your adjustment of status.

About Green Cards (Permanent Resident Visas)

The "green card" is also known as the permanent resident card because, once obtained, it grants lawful permanent residency (LPR) in the U.S.

Ms. Yegani regularly helps people complete LPR applications involving:

  • Form I-90: Green card renewal or replacement
  • Form I-485: Adjustment of status
  • Form I-131: Reentry travel document for permanent resident, conditional permanent resident or foreign nationals with a pending adjustment of status application, asylum status or temporary protected status
  • Form I-130: Petition for an alien relative
  • Form I-129F: Petition for an alien fiancé and his or her children
  • Form I-140: Petition for an alien worker
  • Form I-360: Petition for an Amerasian, widow, battered or abused spouse or child, or a special immigrant (of several defined categories)
  • Form I-526: Petition for an alien entrepreneur

U.S. citizens may petition for certain immediate family members. However, the government fees for granting a green card are expensive. Therefore, you should work with a Houston green card lawyer to ensure that your time, money, hopes and efforts are not wasted.

Speak with Mana Yegani by calling (832) 981-2170. Her assistance can bring you peace of mind as she protects your rights through the process.

Green Cards & Work Authorization

The government does not make application for lawful permanent residency simple. It is a complex process and those who succeed are the ones who utilize the experience and resourcefulness of a top immigration lawyer.

If and when you obtain LPR status, you will be granted the right to live in the U.S. permanently as long as you do not commit a criminal offense. You may apply for any job in the U.S. and you may petition to have your children and spouse live with you in the U.S.

A person who qualifies to be a lawful permanent resident may be able to apply for a green card without living in the U.S. This procedure is known as Adjustment of Status (AOS).

Prevent Errors in Your Application

Resident status is a treasured right and it does not come easily. Any errors in your application can cause significant delays or outright denial. Each stage of the process presents new challenges that demand the keen eye of an experienced immigration lawyer who has guided people from around the world through the complex system.

Green Card Renewal

For permanent residents of the United States, knowing that their 10-year green card is going to expire or has expired can be stressful. Those residents need to get started with the processing for getting the card renewed. This process can be started if the green card expires in six months or less or if it has already expired.

How to Renew Green Card

There are two ways to renew a 10-year green card. You can choose to either fill out and mail in a Form I-90, Application to Replace a Permanent Resident Card or you can complete the application online. As is the case with various U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services processes, there are special considerations for some people.

It is important to note that you cannot renew a 2-year green card, rather you will need to file a petition to remove the conditions on it otherwise you will lose your resident status. To keep your status as a lawful permanent resident you have to file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence within the last 90 days before your green card expires.

People who aren't in the U.S. when the green card expires and haven't applied for renewal will have to consult the U.S. port of entry, USCIS office or U.S. Consulate closest to them. People who aren't in the U.S., won't be out of the country for more than a year and will return to the U.S. prior to the card's expiration can apply for the replacement card when they return to the U.S.

Remember that you must have your green card on your person at all times. If you don't have either the alien registration receipt card or certificate of alien registration, you can be charged with a misdemeanor crime.

There is always a chance that your renewal will be denied. If that occurs, you won't be able to appeal the decision. You can, however, seek to have the decision reconsidered or your case reexamined. This process is complex and requires you to send in facts that back your position. Having someone on your side who is familiar with immigration laws might help you to decide how to proceed with your case.

Have You Been Charged With a Crime?

If you have a criminal case, your status is not automatically revoked, but you will need a top immigration attorney in Houston to help maintain your LPR status. One way to maintain your LPR status is with the help of a United States citizen who is an immediate family member. U.S. citizens may be eligible to apply for a green card for their wife, husband, or parents.

Questions? Need counsel? Contact our firm at (832) 981-2170.

Why Choose Us

  • Attorney Yegani sees cases through from beginning to end.

  • Attorney Yegani offers viable solutions to your legal problems.

  • You would have access to Attorney Yegani throughout your case.

  • Our firm provides valuable resources at the disposal of all clients.

  • The Law Office of Mana Yegani is a mutli-lingual firm, with staff speaking Russian, Spanish, and Farsi on a fluent level.

Contact The Law Office of Mana Yegani

Start Your Case Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.