Notice: Due to COVID-19, we are offering consultations by phone. Please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions!
Call Today | Se Habla Español 832.981.2170 Text: 832.904.3744
Defending Immigrants' Rights

Houston VAWA Petitions Attorney

Petition For Adjustment Of Status Under The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)

As of April 2008, self-petitioners in the United States no longer have to rely on abusive U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (LPR) spouses, parents or children to sponsor an adjustment of status application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Understanding the vast number of immigrant victims of domestic violence, battery, and abuse who are threatened and denied legal immigration sponsorship by abusive family members as a tool of abuse, the VAWA program allows victims to self-petition independent of a sponsor to help them get relief from abusive relationships.

If you are an abused or battered spouse, child or parent, you may be able to petition for adjustment of status under the VAWA program. Parents of abused children may also self-petition to become an LPR and get a green card.

Questions? Need counsel today? Reach out to our Houston immigration attorney at (832) 981-2170 now.

How Do You Petition Under The VAWA Program?

VAWA petitions begin with Form I-360: Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er) or Special Immigrant. Once your petition is approved, you may file Form I-485: Adjustment of Status. A successfully approved application allows you to become a lawful permanent resident (LPR) and obtain a green card without a sponsor and without an abuser knowing.

As with all adjustment of status petitions, legal guidance and representation will be helpful in fast-tracking a successful application. Working with Mana Yegani, an experienced VAWA petitions lawyer in Houston, will allow you to navigate the process efficiently and effectively with no wasted effort.

Proving that you were subjected to violence or abuse, are qualified for admission to the U.S., have good moral character and other eligibility requirements can be challenging. If you are successful, you will be able to apply for employment authorization (Form I-765), and you may be able to apply for U.S. citizenship.

When you need a compassionate and caring advocate on your side, call The Law Office of Mana Yegani at (832) 981-2170.

Contact The Law Office of Mana Yegani

  1. The Law Office of Mana Yegani is a mutli-lingual firm, with staff speaking Russian, Spanish, and Farsi on a fluent level.
  2. Our firm provides valuable resources at the disposal of all clients.
  3. You would have access to Attorney Yegani throughout your case.
  4. Attorney Yegani offers viable solutions to your legal problems.
  5. Attorney Yegani sees cases through from beginning to end.
Start Your Case Today
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.