Spouse Visa For U.S. Immigration

Family-based immigration and sponsorship by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident (LPR/green card holder) is your best opportunity of obtaining a U.S. immigration visa. The spouse visa is a nonimmigrant K-3 visa, and Form I-130 must be filed whether your spouse currently resides in the U.S. or abroad.

Obtaining the K-3 visa through Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) and Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) is best done with the help of an experienced and thorough immigration attorney. Involving an attorney from the beginning of the process can save you time, money and stress. Additionally, attorney Mana Yegani can help you if your petition is denied, representing your case through the appeal process.

Applying for a K-3 visa and adjusting the immigration status of your spouse are expensive and time-consuming processes. Forms I-130 and I-485 amount to over $1,500 combined. Working with a knowledgeable lawyer makes the process highly efficient and ensures that all paperwork and documentation are properly compiled and filed with no wasted effort or expense.

Call The Law Office of Mana Yegani in Houston, Texas, to discuss any aspect of family-based immigration and to schedule a consultation with Ms. Yegani — 832-391-8813. Text us at 832-904-3744 or contact us by email.

How To Petition For Your Spouse In The U.S.

If you are a U.S. citizen, you must file Form I-130 and Form I-485, which serves as your spouse's application to register as an LPR.

If you are a permanent resident, you must file Form I-130, and after a visa number becomes available, file Form I-485 to apply for adjustment of status to permanent residency.

All adjustment of status requirements apply in either circumstance, and you may apply for a K-3 visa on your spouse's behalf whether he or she is in the U.S. through lawful admission or parole.

How To Petition For Your Spouse Outside The U.S.

If your spouse is outside of the U.S. and you are a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident, you first need to file Form I-130, which will be sent for processing at the U.S. consulate or embassy in your spouse's home country. Once your spouse has obtained a K-3 visa and resides in the U.S., you may file Form I-485 for adjustment of status to LPR.

Your spouse may also come to the U.S. and live and work while the visa petition is pending once you file Form I-130 and Form I-129F [Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)]. If you do not file Form I-129F, your spouse must wait abroad for visa processing.

Contact The Law Office Of Mana Yegani

Make the process easy, avoid errors and get all of your concerns taken care of upfront. Email or call the law office at 832-391-8813 — 24 hours, 7 days a week! Text us at 832-904-3744.

Se habla español

Natakalum al-arabi | نتحدّث العربيّة

مافارسی صحبت می کنیم